Friday, July 22, 2011

Back and better than ever!

Well hello!

It seems that lately I have had a little more time on my hands, and thoughts have often crossed my mind about how I would like to start blogging again. After recently reading every one of my old posts, I decided that I would jump back in. I loved going back and reliving the memories of when Hal and I first got married, then when I decided to go back to school. I also missed the relationships that I had formed with my blogging friends! So, here I am, starting again, almost 3 years later!

A lot has changed in 3 years, but I won't bore you with all of the finite details just yet.

What have we been up to? Thank goodness I took some pictures!

Just weeks after I officially started the nursing program, we celebrated our sweet niece's 1st birthday. We took a trip to Beaufort to party with her! (Jan. 2009)

For the next 6 months I hit the books pretty hard. We didn't get to do a lot because I was so busy with school. Finally summer came and we got to go to the beach with my parents. The VERY FIRST day we were there, Hal broke my mom's leg. Yep, he BROKE HER LEG. He crashed into her while he was body boarding in the ocean. She was such a good sport. (July 09)



I hit the books hard again in the fall without much of a social life. We celebrated 1 year of nursing school being over by taking a road trip to Philadelphia/New Jersey to visit Hal's grandparents for Christmas. When we arrived there was 2 feet of snow on the ground. It was the most snow I had ever experienced! (Dec. 2009)

Not much to report for Spring 2010 because that was my hardest semester of nursing school. We did have a busy summer, though. We celebrated Hal's 30th birthday in Hilton Head. We LOVE the Salty Dog! (May 10)

That same month, after what seemed like a lifetime engagement, our great friends John Thomas and Keri got married. I was so excited to be a part of their wedding. (May 10)


After a trip to Myrtle Beach and Charleston, summer was over. The positive thing about summer being over is FOOTBALL SEASON is just beginning. In fall of 2010 we went to 2 Carolina games. This was the Carolina/Tennessee game at Williams Brice. (Oct. 2010)


That same month our family friends invited us to the Appalachian State/Citadel football game. It was my first time in Boone at the end of October and it was just beautiful. App State beat the Citadel, but we had such a fun time! (Oct. 2010)

My last semester of nursing school was the best, and my favorite. I got to experience a lot of new and great things. I was offered the opportunity to fly with Regional One, the medical helicopter for our hospital. This pic is me, mid-flight, about to scream with excitement. This was actually a dream come true for me! (Nov. 2010)


We always celebrate Christmas with Hal's family at Windy Gap in Weaverville, NC. This past year we got a snow storm that was one of the greatest, most fun experiences of my life. While at WG, we watched 12 inches of snow fall in 24 hours, on top of the 6-8 inches that was already there. It is definitely one of my most memorable Christmas'. (Dec. 2010)

Earlier in December, I GRADUATED!! I officially have my BSN, and just a few short weeks later I became a registered nurse! This was such an exciting time for me! (Dec. 2010)

2011 has been such an amazing year so far! I passed the NCLEX (state boards) and officially became and licensed registered nurse and on the same day I was offered a job! Of course, its our style to celebrate, so we went big! In April we celebrated the culmination of the nursing school sacrifice by going back to the Dominican Republic (we went there on our honeymoon). We had an awesome week and it was the perfect way to celebrate. (April 2011).


In March we also celebrated 4 years of marriage. It doesn't seem like we have been married that long! That puts us being together for over 8 years now. We have really come a long way, but we have surely been blessed by the Lord throughout the years.

I am so excited to be back to blogging, and I can't wait to share more of life with you in the future!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Haley! I have started a blog, too! I a, excited! Let's get together soon, please!!!

The Oyervides' said...

Soooo excited you are back! Yah! Thank for the sweet comments on my blog! :) Can't wait to read more!