I am assuming by now that most of you have taken me off your blog roll since I have taken such a long hiatus. This post however, does not promise more to come. Everytime I do that I fail to come through, so this time I won't make any promises.
What have we been up to for the last, oh lets see, month or so?
- I started school 3 weeks ago today. I have a pretty easy schedule. I am home by 12:30 everyday. I start my clinical on Monday. Lets just say that being a nurses aid is not the most rewarding job in the world. Ha.
- Hal and I have been consumed with football for the last 2 weeks. Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays you can usually find us in front of the TV watching a game. We love football season in this house.
- We took advantage of the labor day sales and got a new mattress. We got a Sealy Posturpedic pillow top and we are loving it. It is quite big, though. We only got a queen size, but king sheets are the only thing that will fit it. We also got a new comforter set too! Merry Christmas to us!
- Layla went to the vet for the first time since we got her, and she did great. The vet told us that she was very healthy, and tested negative for heart worms. She weighed 71lbs!
- We got lots of good rain from T.S. Faye but we are still under mandatory water restrictions. It stinks.
- I am on the search for a job...again. My hours were cut a the restaurant I was working at, so I am on the hunt again. I have put in my application at a few places, now I am just waiting on call backs.
- Hal has been carpooling to work, and it has saved us a ton of money. I can't believe how much that really helps!
- I've started going to the gym again. I canceled my membership when I quit my full time job to save money. Hal gets a membership at his job for $8 a month for both of us. I am trying hard to stay motivated and hoping I will see some results.
- I have really been enjoying my time at home. For the last year I felt like life was in warp speed. Now, things are starting to slow down, and I am getting to enjoy more time at home. Lately Hal and I have been able to spend a lot of time together and I am just so thankful that life is finally getting back to normal for us.
- I am getting fall fever. I got all of my fall decorations down from the attic this past weekend. I am waiting a little while to put them out, but I can't wait. Big Lots has some great fall decorations right now for really cheap!
Thats about all I can think of for now. I hope everyone is doing as well as I am. Thanks for sticking with me while I've been absent!
1 comment:
Haley I love fall too! I went today and bought a bunch of fall decor from kirklands and almost put them out!!haha. Then I decided I better wait since its still 99 degrees outside!!
Yay! you started nursing school. It seems like a long road but it will go by so quickly. I remember my first clinicals and how excited I was to wear scrubbs. Just give it time and then youll be dreading it. =)
Are you going to get a job in hospital as a tech? Just curious. It really helped me out and I also got a straight to day positiion and that is rare and far between for new grads! Let me know and I can give you pointers!!
I'm glad you have more time at home and dont forget GO TIGERS!!!
Thought you might like that!
Post a Comment