Monday, August 18, 2008

Last free weekend

This weekend Hal and I took advantage of my last free weekend and went down to Beaufort to visit Hal's sister and her sweet little girl Avah. Unfortunately we didn't get to visit with Anna's hubby because he's in training in preparation for his upcoming tour in Iraq. We had a fabulous weekend, though.

We arrived Friday morning about 2:00am. After we woke up Friday we got to play with sweet Avah all day while Anna was at work. When Anna came home, we put Avah to bed and headed out to Blufton to Jim 'N Nick's. It was so yummy!

Saturday morning we all woke up early and headed south to Savannah. It was only a 40 minute drive from Beaufort, so we didn't go too far. We went because we so wanted to go to Lady and Sons. We arrived right before lunch time to find a sign on the door saying they were CLOSED for a power outage! The night before there was an under-ground transformer explosion and the power was out across most of the city. After learning that Lady and Sons was closed, we headed out to Tybee Island to Uncle Bubba's Oyster House. This is Paula's restaurant with her brother, so it was a nice substitute for Lady and Sons. It was really good and I am glad to say that I've been. After lunch we headed back north and drove out to Parris Island. Parris Island is the east coast training station for future Marines. Hal was so excited to see the recruits in action.
After we watched the recruits we went to the base exchanged and scored some sweet, tax free deals. I got a Vera Bradley bag that normally retails for $46 for $35! It was great!
Saturday night we ordered pizza and hit the rack early. Sunday morning we woke up, gave lots of kisses to our sweet niece, and headed back up the road.
Here are some pics of our cute niece:



click to enlarge this one, you can see those 2 teeth!
look at that curly hair!

yummy carrots and bananas

just after bath time



and I saved the best for last!

Isn't she adorable? I am such a proud aunt!

7 comments:

The Dales said...

She is way too big, I don't like it a bit!!

Ha! She is PRECIOUS! She has more hair than perrin did then! WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Medic Mom said...

OMG!! She's so cute!!! I love all that hair! And those rolls.... they warm my heart!

Terri said...

Sooo cute!! There's nothing wrong with being a proud aunt...especially when your niece is adorable :)

The Browns said...

yes! she is very adorable! i love the hair!

Long's Joyful Journey said...

That is one cute little girl!

The Dales said...

By the way, lunch this week??

The Dales said...

I have nothing to do Friday! Lets make some plans!!!